Monday 1 January 2007

IM Conversations: Ianto (4)

[Jack Enters]
[Toshiko Enters]
[Gwen Enters]

Owen: I can't believe he's been keeping that *thing* in the basement.
Gwen: A week later and your still moaning about it. Anyway, doesn't that show something.
Toshiko: What do you mean?
Gwen: You leave the menial crap for Ianto, when was the last time you went down there?
Owen: When was the last time you went down there sweet cheeks?
Toshiko: Owen!
Gwen: No he's right. You can't blame Ianto though. Wouldn't you do anything for love?
Owen: Why on earth would anyone love that. The cybermen were monsters.
Toshiko: She wasn't completely taken over.
Owen: Oh don't give me that. The man was clutching at straws. Why he wasn't fired is beyond me.
Toshiko: This is the one job you can't quit.
Owen: No but he could have had his memory wiped and left on the side of the road.
Gwen: I can't believe you just said that.
Owen: What, wouldn't you? How can we trust him now?
Jack: I do.
Owen: ... Are you always listening in?!
Jack: Rule number one, always check who enters the conversation at the beginning.
Owen: How can *you* trust him?
Jack: Because when it came down to it, even though what he did was wrong, he did it for the right reasons, he tried to protect the one person that was closest to him. He made a mistake, he tried to give Lisa a chance she wasn't supposed to have, and he'll have to deal with the death of the two civilians on his conscience for the rest of his life, but tell me, have you ever met someone as loyal as Ianto?
Owen: He clubbed you one.
Jack: Yeah, and I tell you, he has one hell of a punch when he's angry. I was heartless, and I probably would have done the same to me.
Owen: Sometimes I feel as though I'm the only sane one here.
Gwen: Maybe the only insane one.
Owen: All ganging up on me! Well I've got to go, work to do and all.
[Owen Leaves Conversation]
Toshiko: Did I just here Owen willingly go back to work.
Gwen: Maybe we are the insane ones. Oh the time! I was supposed to meet Rhys.
Jack: Go on, blame it on me, pretty sure he hates me enough for the hours I keep you here.
Gwen: Night.
Toshiko: Suppose I should get back to work.
Jack: One thing, thanks for not alienating Ianto, probably felt he had the world against him the past few days.
Toshiko: No problem, I know what its like to miss a chance to be with the people you love.
Jack: So do I Tosh, so do I.
[Jack Leaves Conversation]
[Toshiko Leaves Conversation]

No comments: